2009年7月2日木曜日

These days

I am sorry not to write a blog for ages. There have been a lots of thigs happened during this time. Briefly, I travelled to several places in Europe and succeeded in getting a scholarship from my university.

Last week, I went to London to see the Wimbledon tournament with my friends. Luckily, we could see William sisters' play in front of us. We also enjoyed having a drink, Pimm's and the traditional dessert, strawberries with double cream. Through this experience, I got familiar with this lawn tennis championships attracting people from all over the world. If you have interest in going there but don't have a ticket, let me know in advance. There are some advice.

On the day after going back to Sheffield, I paid a visit to Cambridge with other friends. By chance, there was a graduation ceremony. We could see students wearing an academic gown. Partly because of that ceremony, city was even more atmospheric. Although there was a long queque of tourists for each college which is a major sightseeing spot, we did not have to wait to enter there because of my friend having graduated from Cambridge university as a first class student.

Today, I took my classmates, Turkish governors, to a Japanese restaurant, Yama in London St. Indeed sushi was the most suitable dish for them considering their religious and dietary custom but sad to say, some of them could not eat just one piece of sushi. It seemed rather too challenging for them to eat uncooked fish. Since sushi is my favorite dish, their resposes were unexpected and opened my eyes to the cultural differences again.

0 件のコメント: