Last Saturday, I moved in a new accommodation located in a campus of my university. In the last few days, I have had a lot of complaints, for example, the disconnection of the internet in my room and the bad hygiene in my bathroom. Although I am used to living abroad and dealing with these problems, I almost lost my temper because other flats which were the same price as mine had even better facilities.
To reduce stress, I went to the city centre with my friends and did some shopping last Sunday. At that time, I realized that there were huge differences between Sheffield, where I moved out of and Birmingham. Sheffield has less ethnic diversity and a lot of natives. They usually seem quite posh. By contrast, Birmingham has many Indians, Pakistanis and Arabians. I felt as if non-natives were isolated in this city.
Until now, thankfully I have met not a few good friends here. In order to be positive, I am going to make a effort to find more and more good aspects of the new life in Birmingham.
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿